I have refrained from full-on geek-out in this blog thus far, but it’s time for some nerdiness. In honor of Hulu’s free Stark Trek offering (for a limited time only), here are –
Top 10 Reasons Star Trek Voyager is awesome
- All the women kick serious ass.
- Creepiest bad guys. Case in point: the Vidiians, kidney snatchers of the galaxy.
- They fight the Borg. A lot.
- They also have a Borg on board, who also kicks serious ass. Also, Borg children. Basically, there’s just a lot of Borg.
- It’s the only Star Trek with a Native American as a main character.
- The Doctor.
- Many episodes involving time travel – before J.J. Abrams made it cool.
- They don’t kill off the expendable crewmen – I mean, Harry Kim.
- Their Scotty is a temperamental half-Klingon with a killer punch.
- Janeway, bitches. Recognize.